$499 2 Days / 2 Nights Backpackers (18-35's) 18 Passengers
Departure / Return
Powerplay: Sleek, fun and comfortable...
Experience a trip unlike any other! Powerplay offers the adventure of a lifetime, with the desired social aspect for 18-35's and an abundance of water sports. Snorkel around the best island bays, sightsee on stand-up paddleboards, explore in kayaks, or relax in the hot tub of the foredeck. This trip is ideal for those aged 18-30 who seek speed and adventure while they discover the Whitsunday Islands.
- Heated foredeck spa
- Stand-up paddleboards and kayaks
- Underwater blue lights for attracting marine life
- Comfortable accommodations with fresh linens
- Morning and afternoon snacks
- Freshly prepared meals
- BYO alcohol
Please note: This trip is strictly 18-35s. As Powerplay is very water-orientated, you must be able to swim to board the boat, and for safety reasons, you must also be able to speak English. If you do not fit these requirements, you may not be able to book this tour.
Powerplay will guide you to one of the most stunning places in the world, Whitehaven Beach. Famous for its silica sand beaches that stretch for seven uninterrupted kilometers, Whitehaven is unlike anything you've ever seen. You can bask in the sun, walk among the stingrays, or swim in the clear blue waters. Whitehaven has stunning views of its neighbouring islands as well as a beautiful and unique landscape that is a photographers dream.
Hill Inlet Lookout
Your host will take you on a guided bushwalk on Whitsunday Island where you will be able to witness the famed swirling sands of Hill Inlet. These swirling sands create a masterpiece of aqua, azure, topaz and white as the colours of the ocean and silica sands blend together for a truly magical experience.
During your two days and two nights on board, your crew will take you to some of the best snorkelling locations in the Whitsundays. They will educate you and some of the marine life you may encounter, including hard and soft corals, beautiful tropical fish, turtles, stingrays and elusive reef sharks. Quality equipment is provided on board free of charge, and your helpful crew are there to help with any questions you may have.
Stand-up paddle boards and inflatable kayaks allow you to experience all the beauty and wonder of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, without getting your hair wet! After a day fuelled by adventure and exploring, spend your evenings relaxing in the foredeck heated spa. There is no better feeling than enjoying a cool drink in a warm spa with soothing jets while stargazing on the ocean.
Night-time entertainment aboard Powerplay is an unparalleled experience. Underwater blue lights allow for a front row view to some of the most beautiful marine life in the Whitsundays. Attracting bait fish, giant trevallies, squid, sharks and dolphins, you will be able to safely interact with some of the more elusive marine life as your sit back and enjoy your evening.
The "Powerplay Paparazzi" are here to capture all of your trips best moments. Allowing you to relax and not worry about capturing your Whitsunday adventure, the crew will take care of catching you at your best - when you're having fun. Your crew will put together nightly slideshows for you and your mates to relive your day in the Whitsundays. All photos are placed onto Facebook after your tour, free of charge, meaning while you're on Powerplay you can really relax, and let someone else take your memorable snaps!
Tap the hotspots on the floor plan below to view Powerplay.
- Shared Single: Single bed (requires 1 person) in the saloon/open-planned area
- Shared Double: Double bed (requires 2 persons) in a 4 person cabin with air-conditioning
- Private Double Cabin: One double bed (requires 2 persons) in a private cabin with air-conditioning
*Quad Share Cabins available upon request. All amenities are shared, there are no options to have a private bathroom.
What To Bring
Please bring only a small soft bag with: change of clothes, hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, waterproof zip bag for electronics, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal), and one pair of shoes for bushwalking. You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles, please. Please note no large bags, bags with wheels or sleeping bags will be allowed on board.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- Drinking water
- Bath towel
- Wetsuit hire
- Snorkelling equipment
- Use of SUP boards and kayaks
- All Marine Park fees
- BYO alcohol - no glass or red wine
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will need to tell the staff when you board the vessel.
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
Please note that in the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
This is a water-based activity, for safety reasons ALL passengers must be able to swim and speak fluent English. Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
Also, please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats' departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All cancellations will incur a 25% cancellation fee. Cancellations made within 30 days of travel will result in a 100% cancellation fee. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.
141 Guest Reviews (See All)
"Had the trip of a..."
6 days ago
"Had the trip of a lifetime on Powerplay! From the moment we stepped on-board the crew were so welcoming and fun! There were so many great activities to enjoy, and we even say dolphins! " - Lauren
"Powerplay is the perfect boat..."
59 days ago
"Powerplay is the perfect boat for those who don't want to party but still want to have a nice sociable trip with a young crowd. We never went hungry and the crew were super informative. Bonus features were the paddleboards, kayaks and hot tub" - Jenna
"It was the best few..."
192 days ago
"It was the best few days of our whole trip in Australia! Awesome group! Food was great, staff so nice and open and showed lots of efforts to give us an amazing experience!" - Denise