$489 2 Days / 2 Nights Backpackers (18-35's) 54 Passengers
Departure / Return
Prepare yourself for the best few days of your life, jump on board the Whitsundays largest and liveliest vessel!
Atlantic Clipper is renowned along the east coast of Australia for being a young, fun and lively sailing experience around the Whitsunday Islands. This is must-do for all 18-35's, looking for a tour with plenty of water sports, plenty of passengers and plenty of fun!
- Huge onboard spa
- Fully air conditioned throughout
- Delicious food and fun, young crew
- Young, fun social group, perfect for 18-35's
- Three story high water slide and stand-up paddle boards
- Jet boat rides and banana boat rides available on board
- Exceptionally stable (largest boat in the Whitsundays!)
- Scuba diving available, must be pre-booked
- Diving and snorkelling gear provided
- Delicious food and fun, young crew
- Sun decks and sheltered areas
- BYO alcohol
Check an item off your bucket list by visiting the famous Whitehaven Beach during your trip on Atlantic Clipper. Swim in the blue azure waters, sunbathe on the bright white silica sands or get active with a game of beach cricket with new friends. The world famous beach has been voted one of the best in the world and its reputation stretches to the far corners of even the most remote places.
Hill Inlet Lookout
Take a walk in the natural wilderness and marvel at the breath-taking sights at Hill Inlet. Nature's blue and white masterpiece is forever changing with the tides and ocean currents, providing a unique experience to every visitor and a perfect backdrop for some staple photos!
Snorkelling and Scuba Diving
Visit awe-inspiring snorkel and dive locations in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. The exact snorkel location depends on the sea conditions, your knowledgeable crew will determine the best snorkelling locations on the day. Either way, you will see an abundant range of corals and marine life. The Clipper offers onboard scuba diving for both certified divers and those without experience/qualification. All diving MUST be pre-booked and paid for on board.
- Scuba Dives are $65pp (introductory or certified).
The price includes all gear hire and a dive instructor. All dives are subject to age, conditions and medical questions. If you are a certified diver you will need to bring diving certification card with you.
An abundance of water sports and extra activities are available on Atlantic Clipper, free of charge to all guests:
- Stand-up paddle boarding
- Huge deck spa (12 persons)
- 8 metre megaslide (5 metre drop to the sea)
- 9 metre megaslide
- Aft night light to attract marine life
In addition to the above activities, Atlantic Clipper have recently partnered with Pioneer Jet to offer guests two new water sport activities to try out: jet boat and banana boat rides! These are at an additional cost, but can be decided upon and paid for on board:
- Jet boat ride is $35pp
- Banana boat ride is $20pp
Tap the hotspots on the floor plan below to view Atlantic Clipper.
- Shared Accommodation: Single beds in 3 or 4 bed dorms, shared bathroom
- Private Twin Cabin: Two single beds in a private cabin, with a private bathroom
- Private Double Cabin: One double bed in a private cabin with a private bathroom
*Upgrade to a Private Double or Twin Cabin for only $50 per person! Ask us for more details.
What To Bring
Please only bring a small soft overnight bag without any zippers (ie. a re-usable shopping). A zipless souvenir bag can be purchased at the boat's check-in office for a few dollars. Ensure you pack clothes, a hat, swim-wear, towel, sunscreen 30+, warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal) and cash/card for onboard purchases. Feel free to bring on board a reusable water bottle and/or additional snacks. You will also need to bring your own alcoholic beverages, available for purchase in town. No glass bottles, please.
Excess luggage can be stored at several places in town including most boat check-in offices, most hostels, or at your accommodation. Most charge between $5-10pp for the duration of your trip.
- Drinking water
- Wetsuit hire and snorkelling equipment
- Marine Park fees
*Please note Atlantic Clipper departs between 11:45pm & 2:15pm depending on the tide.
BYO alcohol (no glass) and scuba diving. Soft drinks are available for purchase on board.
Atlantic Clipper offers onboard scuba diving for both certified divers and those without experience/qualification. Scuba dives MUST be pre-booked, but are paid for on board.
- Scuba dive is $65pp - MUST be pre-booked.
Jet boat rides and banana boat rides can also be purchased. These optional extras can be decided on and paid for on board.
- Jet boat ride is $35pp
- Banana boat ride is $20pp
Your safety in the water is our primary concern. To ensure your comfort and safety divers must be 18 years or over and they will require that you have a Divers Medical Certificate for certain medical conditions.
Please read the following questions carefully:
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
A Divers Medical Certificate can be obtained from:
Whitsunday Doctors Service
257 Shute Harbour Rd (Opposite xBase)
Ph: 07 4946 6241
Terms and Conditions
*A $40 per person Public Holiday Surcharge is applicable to tours where the vessel is at sea on Christmas Day or New Years Day.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
This is a water-based activity, for safety reasons ALL passengers must be able to swim and speak fluent English. Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
Also, please note that you need to allow time prior to the boats' departure to check in, please ask us for more details.
All cancellations will incur a 25% cancellation fee. Cancellations made within 60-30 days of travel will result in a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellations made within 30 days of travel will result in a 100% cancellation fee. A $40 per person transfer fee applies to ALL name or date changes. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season if you are delayed or cannot travel.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.
38 Guest Reviews (See All)
"One word accurately describes this..."
6 days ago
"One word accurately describes this trip, EPIC! Could not have asked for a better crew and bunch of people. Food 10/10 Crew 10/10 Diving 10/10" - Hannah Hill
"My trip on The Clipper..."
58 days ago
"My trip on The Clipper was AMAZING! Everything from the crew, the boat, the food, the activities were even better than I expected! If you’re looking for a good time, meeting fun people and enjoying a few bevies, this is the trip for you! My favourite trip along the East Coast!!!" - Jamie
"We had an epic time..."
59 days ago
"We had an epic time on the Clipper, the crew were amazing, great food, snorkelling was sick and the waterslides were heaps of fun!" - Jenna